Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

SIDE AND NUMBER PLATE LIGHTS COME ON OVERNIGHT.

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.

The lights are controlled by AAM module, depending on the light switch signal. So the problem is most likely to be caused by problem in the AAM module. Try to disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes to reset the AAM. If this does not help, AAM module should be removed from the engine bay fusebox to check it's contacts. There might be some oxidation or moisture there, causing the sidelights to come on.

Regards,
Stan