Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Just bought a C200 cdi elegance 2007 The remote key only

Just bought a C200 cdi elegance 2007 The remote key only works inches from the drivers door and the radio signal is awful. Any ideas what it might be? I have been told the rear antenna could be damaged as there should be something attached to the rear window but there is nothing on the rear window !

Many Thanks

Pete

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Pete,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Hello Pete,
The problem is usually caused by the antenna amplifier. It is mounted on the roof, under the ceiling panel right along the edge of the rear window. But first of all check the fuses in the trunk fusebox- one of them is for the amplifier.

The antenna is built into the rear window glass, it looks like the window heating thread.

Best regards,
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Stan

I will try and get hold of a new one if the fuses appear to be okay.

Would you be able to get the part number for me. No problem if you can't.

Pete

Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know the VIN, will do my best to help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Stan