Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

i have a 2007 Mercedes S class and the lights do not switch

Customer Question

i have a 2007 Mercedes S class and the lights do not switch off unless i switch the engine off
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Lights act this way when automatic daytime driving lights function is activated. So please check if the function was activated in the instrument cluster's settings menu.
If the function is not active there, the vehicle coding should be checked with Star Diagnosis computer and restorerd if necessary. Possibly the SAM module (it controls the lights) has failed.

Best Regards,
Stan