Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

C220, Put key in to start engine, no lights appear on dashboard

Customer Question

C220, Put key in to start engine, no lights appear on dashboard on second position,
with no glow plug light, on connection to engine.
have tried second key.
also checked battery
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

this sounds like the car's security system is being a bit over ethusastic

I'd try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery cables and clamping them together for 10 mins. Remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clamp to hold both battery lead terminals together.

This discharges any capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default.

This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm

if this doesn't help then check that you're getting 12V on the ECU power fuses in the engine bay fusebox
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help with this?