Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a2003 c220 d how do I get to the battery please I figure

I have a2003 c220 d how do I get to the battery please I figure it's in the boot?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

you're correct its tucked away in the boot behind the side trim panel on the drivers side

if the battery is flat then you might have trouble opening the boot

I'd start by charging the battery you should be able to do this via the cigarette lighter / accessory socket. You'll need the appropriate attachment for your charger but car accessory shops sell these- Alternatively if you can't get into the car/ boot the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under the front.

Locate the starter motor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive battery charger lead to this terminal

then connect the charger negative lead to the metal of the engine block

This should complete the charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into the car

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks I've sorted it just charged the battery via the positive under the bonnet and Earth on chassis (I found the key for door so could open bonnet) 5 hrs charging running sweet as a nut now!