Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

My sat nav does not work properly. Have to try many times to

My sat nav does not work properly. Have to try many times to get symbols giving problems to register. Even then some are not shown. Sometimes they come & go without any cause. Merc say their computers say it is OK...rubbish. Although under warranty they are trying hard to do nothing more.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please. Merc do not want to know...Peter....

I could send you their comment if I have your email...

Hello Peter,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Once a Professional replies to your question then you could email them the comments.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want an answer.....Surprised it is so difficult...Peter

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello Peter - Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help..

Im sorry to see you have had a wait..

Please let me know what they have done - and said exactly... any fault codes / any parts replaced etc... then when I receive your reply, we can progress..

Please also give me the Full reg number of the vehicle..

Rgds, MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They have said there is no problem having checked via their computer.

They tell me it only connects to signals near main population.Not blue tooth. Not like the RAC on my phone. I do not understand that we can see traffic problems in Cardiff ( my home ) but nothing in London till we get close...Peter

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Peter -

First, my sincere apologies that I could only just get back to you.. Im afraid I have been having system problems here of my own ! I am sorry about that.

With regard to your issues with your sat nav on your E class - the sat nav / that particular system , does work on different software to your mobile phone - while they work as they do - with regard to traffic problems / delays etc , they work on the basic rather simple system, that of the RDS system - that basic car radios use these days... that system in itself is not that clever / reliable and indeed only works when the signal is transmitted by the radio signals provider.. Some such as the system you have just does not work that well - that is a proven fact with that system Im sorry to say - we have come across this continually. Some are better than others - indeed , the somewhat basic Tom-tom system is one of the better ones for detecting the traffic delays etc... indeed I know of many people that run a TT system -alongside the inbuilt car one, just to get a reliable service from the Rds system!

So I am sorry about this - there is seemingly then no other answer to this for you - the system works "ok" -using the term somewhat loosely, in your car - it could certainly be better - and one supposes as time goes on they will improve it. Im sorry I know that doesn't help you right now .. but it does just confirm that you cant really do anything about it right now - sadly Im sorry.

I know this may well not be the answer you would like but it is the fact here Im afraid - I hope it at least explains the situation with that system you have as - is..

Now that covers the RDS traffic system that you mention in your reply - I hope that covers all for you -

Let me know if you need anything else at all..

Meantime , please do click on the Excellent ratings for me so that I am credited for my time etc - . I really appreciate that and Thank you....

Kind Rgds Peter , MIKE.
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Tech Expert