MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

I have a 2004 Mercedes E class with a factory unit to accept

I have a 2004 Mercedes E class with a factory unit to accept a Nokia 6210 phone. Can I replace the cradle with something so that I can use my I phone 5 in the same way in the car?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 2 years ago.

There are 2 different phone systems that were installed in your model - the first is the early system that has a fixed cradle in the armrest that is only designed to work with the phone it was designed for - this cradle will have a thick curly wire coming off of it in the armrest.

The other type is the later system that can accept a variety of cradles - it has no wire and will have a small release button near the top of the cradle - press this in and slide the cradle towards the rear of the car and you will see an interface like this:

graphic

this system will take a variety of cradles including iphone cradles and also a bluetooth module that will work with most modern phones.

However if you do have the early system then all is not lost - there is an aftermarket company that make a bluetooth module that basically emulates the old 6210 phone that you then pair your phone too - see here for details:

Viseeo

Please ensure compatibility with Viseeo before purchase as this is not a Mercedes product so I do not have any specific information on this but have known customers use this with good success.

Best regards, Paul
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's great thanks very much. The phone system was one of my favourite parts of the car