mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

on start up my wifes c class coupe VE13JNU suffers power steering

Customer Question

on start up my wifes c class coupe VE13JNU suffers power steering failure. PS does not function and car has to be left for several minutes to allow this glitch to resolve itself. Causes me pain espec when she has a hair appointment
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
This issue that you are having is consistent with the electronic power steering pump having either a solenoid sticking or a complete failure, the system will need to be scanned to see the fault that is being stored to determine what needs to be replaced.