Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

,I have a 1994 280SL. Both the soft top and hard top were

Customer Question

I have a 1994 280SL. Both the soft top and hard top were working fine until about 3 months ago, when ONLY THE RIGHT (Driver's side) window stopped being able to be opened, and as far as I remember, the soft top fails to open (Hard top has been off since spring and is ion the garage (so is the car currently).
The roll bar also does not lift.
I have not tried opening the soft top with the engine running as the car original manual says to do it with key in position 2.
One mechanic tells me that the motor has burst because of jump-starting another car with my merc, but I cannot believe that merc designers would be that uninformed!
Any ideas or tips on solving this, please?
Mukesh
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Mukesh,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello Mukesh,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Hello Mukesh,
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to close the question, please.

Ta for trying.

Mukesh XXXXX