MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

I have just bought a 2005 E280 Sport which already has the

I have just bought a 2005 E280 Sport which already has the pre-wiring done for a phone.
I have bought the Cradle for the iphone 4s to match this. Once connected and the phone in the cradle the phone will charge but it is not uploading to the screen and I cant make calls.
I press the tel button then it says processing and eventualy "phone off"
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 2 years ago.

Have you paired the phone to the cradle yet via bluetooth?

Best regards, Paul
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure, how do I do this
Expert:  MB Paul replied 2 years ago.

Ok - look at the top end of the cradle & you should see a small button - press & hold &a blue light should start flashing rapidly.

Go into the bluetooth settings on your phone & it should find "MBbluetooth" or "MBphonesystem"

Select this & it will ask for a PIN code - enter the PIN: 62872

The phone should pair & come up on the display.

Let me know how you get on & remember to rate my answer positively if we are done.

Best regards, Paul
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi thanks for that . . . .

the iphone 4s is now paired with the cradle and the radio consul is showing the airtime supplier (o2), and I am able to make calls.

However, the memory from the phone is not uploading to the radio, it continually just shows as "processing".

Expert:  MB Paul replied 2 years ago.

It can take around 5 mins or so to upload the phonebook maybe more depending on how many contacts you have. From memory I think the contacts also have to be stored to the SIM card and not just in the phone memory.

If you are still not able to upload after this then first check the iphone is running the latest software & the cradle itself may also need a software update however this is a job for a dealer as you do need special tools to update this.

Best regards, Paul
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Paul
Almost done now . . . . I promise!
The memory uploaded this morning after 5 mins or so but I now have everything, including all email addresses and all contacts from my pc.
I know I will have to edit my iPhone contact list and restrict the contacts to phone numbers only.
My question now is will I have to remove what was uploaded this morning (and if so how) or will the edited version overwrite this the next time I put the phone in the cradle.
Thanks Bill
Expert:  MB Paul replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bill,

I think from memory it will just over write with the latest contacts when it syncs.

If not in the phone settings menu there is the option to delete contacts that you dont want.

Good job technology makes things easier - in the end!!

Best regards, Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician