Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

have a merc vario 612 the hand brake wont release, the electric

hi have a merc vario 612 the hand brake wont release, the electric pump is working fine but the air manifold which the air dryer is mounted is dumping air all the time so it wont build up air, ive stripped and cleaned every thing the solenoid on the unit is working ok but i dont seem to have a feed to it my probe is regestering an earth but no power any idea where the feed comes from? and is this the problem help please.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no im still waiting

Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
The feed to the solenoid must be present after the pressure has been built up and compressor is switched off. So if the air drier leaks before, this means that drier itself is faulty.

Click here for the test procedure for the pneumatic brake system

Best regards,
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer