Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have a 2002 c180 and the alarm has stopped working,the

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2002 c180 and the alarm has stopped working,the central locking works fine with the button on the dash but I have to use the emergency key to lock the drivers door.
Any ideas Cheers Dave
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Hello Dave,
The remote signal for the activation of the central locking and the alarm depends on the key, amplifier under the roof liner, rear SAM module and the ignition switch.
So if possible, check the system with the spare key, and make sure that the key batteries are fine. Then check all of the fuses in the boot fusebox.
If they are fine, further fault search will require Star diagnosis computer and oscilloscope to determine if the ignition switch receives the remote control signal.
If the key and fuses are ok, then usually the amplifier is faulty.

Best Regards,
Stan