Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

My w210 e(###) ###-####ignition switch won't turn with the key.

Customer Question

My w210 e(###) ###-####ignition switch won't turn with the key. I have 2 keys and both not working. I put new batteries and cleaned key and switch but nothing. Was going to buy new ignition switch but I am told I need new key ,switch and it needs to be programmed to the specific car. Cost €770 wat to do?help
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
sHello,
I suggest to check the fuses under rear seat, because the ignition switch will not turn if it's voltage supply is missing.
The ignition switch with the workshop key can be ordered and installed only by the dealer. Workshop key is used to program the existing keys to the new switch.
Some independent or locksmith workshops have equipment to program used ignition switches to the vehicles. It is not an official way to do this, but it is technically possible.

Best regards,
Stan