Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

,My c320 woudn't start (battery was dead)..and so i called

Customer Question

My c320 woudn't start (battery was dead)..and so i called AA who got me started again...the problem is that now the central locking and the sunroof don't work....can you identify what the problem is?...
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will i be charged if i close the question?...

Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for delayed reply. Will do my best to help. It would be great if you let me know if :
Does the central locking work from the remote or interior button switch?
Does the sunroof work if it's button is pressed until first catch?

regards,
Stan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The central locking works from the interior button switch but it doesn't lock the doors smoothly, the passenger door lock shudders up and down quickly before it locks, it also does this when the car starts off and the doors lock. The central locking from the remote doesn't work at all. When the sunroof button is pressed the shade judders back so the button has to be pressed 7 or 8 times before the shade is completely open instead of opening smoothly in one go, then the sunroof itself should open but it doesn't move at all.

Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Why has our chat ended ? you haven't given me an answer to my question yet and you haven't responded to the answer I gave you on 23rd March.