Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

is there a jump start point under the bonnet of an mercedes

Customer Question

is there a jump start point under the bonnet of an mercedes e class 270
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

on the W211 ( your model year) there's no seperate jump terminals like there are on later cars

you have to go directly onto the battery in the boot, which does mean removing some of the trim so you can get onto the terminals

also if you're trying to jump start its a good idea to have the headlamp's turned on before you connect the leads to help absorb any power 'spike' which can blow fuses
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help with this?