Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have sucsessfully replaced my engine which is a 450 SLC unit,

Customer Question

I have sucsessfully replaced my engine which is a 450 SLC unit, with a new timing chain. Having set the cam gears and the crank the TDC position I have also correctly fitted the rails and the tensioner
and setting the intermediate sprocket to the correct alignment. In raising the engine and turning the engine through severall revolutions and stopping at the TDC position The only
thing out is the intermediate sprocket which becoms out of alignment I cannot see what
the problem is.
Can you help Me Chris
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Chris,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If you can find someone I will be very pleased.

Chris Street

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

hopefully this will help