Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

i have a Mercedes c class 2.1 C220 CDI Sport. it is saying

Customer Question

i have a Mercedes c class 2.1 C220 CDI Sport. it is saying on the dash that there is a coolant problem and to stop the car and turn off the engine, but on inspection of the coolant header tank there is plenty of water and the oil levels are go. The cooling fan kicks in as soon as the engine is started even when cold.it had a new water pump two weeks ago and has been fine until now. What is the fix

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
The coolant system malfunction comes up in case of fan control unit, thermostat or water pump failures. In this case, the fan will run constantly as well. To determine what has caused the message precisely, fault codes must be read out preferably with Xentry Diagnostics. Some independent MB shops have this tool besides the dealer.

regards,
Stan