Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

We have just bought a Merc Benz Vito 108 cdi 1999 and after

Customer Question

We have just bought a Merc Benz Vito 108 cdi 1999 and after a week, have had problems with the engine cutting out. 1stly. it broke down on M5 - - revs failed and engine cut out - engine management light came on and local garage ran diagnostic which highlighted a fuel injector problem. - garage cleaned and re-sealed injectors which seemed to solve the problem - it drove home much better. On our next trip out, we drove for 1 minute .....and the engine cut out. Had to turn the ignition key a couple of times and it started ok and ran.....for another minute, repeat, cut out a minute later. We have tried it again and the same thing happened - cannot run it for more than 30 seconds to a minute before it cuts out. - No fault lights displayed except EDC light. Can you help at all ??

I have been waiting for a reply for hours !  If you do not reply within the next 20 mins. I want a refund

Category: Mercedes