Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

We have a new 2015 ML 250, and we have an engine noise that

We have a new 2015 ML 250, and we have an engine noise that is best descibe as a 'chugging' sound when accelerating and when the vehicle is on an incline?
We have driven another ML 250, and this does not have this level of noise?
Can you please advise?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

I'd 1st check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.

if the intake hoses are all OK then

checking all the exhaust joints - where the manifold joins the head and the down pipe joints just before the catylst - the best way to do this is to start the engine from cold and feel around each joint with your bare hands - feeling for exhuast gas blowing over your fingers - you'll have about 30 seconds before it all gets too hot.
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years