Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Clock and gauge cluster not working and other elec equipment

Customer Question

Clock and gauge cluster not working and other elec equipment 350 sl after trying to reprogram side mirrors
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Problem still not solved, still would like feedback if possible please.
Thankyou
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
there is no direct connection between th complete cluster failure and mirror adjustment.
But to exclude a simple glitch in electronics, it is worth trying to disconnect the battery for few hours.
I suspect that the cluster has failed. If disconnecting the battery does not work, next step is to have the fault codes read out with Xentry diagnostics computer from all of the control units. Some independent MB shops have this tool besides dealers.
If the cluster failure is confirmed, it is possible to get the cluster rebuilt:
http://www.clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/

Best regards,
Stan