Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer

tonight my automatic E Class(###) ###-####Model was driving fine

Customer Question

tonight my automatic E Class(###) ###-####Model was driving fine then after a stop off started car and it was giving very high revs and had no power , it was not changing up gears but seeemed stuck in second gear with no power to go above 25 mph. When hit accelerator it just got louder but no speed. The oil gauge looks low , it is at 1/4 full approx though there are no engine lights or warning lights going on.
Could I have accidently hit the gear stick into a wrong position or does it sound like a transmission problem, it was driving perfect beforehand.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
If the engine revs up without the speed going up, it indicates that transmission is slipping.
It could be due to low transmission fluid, or a faulty electronics plate in the transmission. Since transmission issues do not affect the emissions, there might be no error messages in the instrument cluster, but the fault codes are usually stored in the transmission control unit. I recommend to have both engine and transmission fault codes read out with Xentry diagnostics and transmission fluid checked/replaced. Some independent MB shops have the Xentry besides authorized dealers.

Best Regards,