Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I'm Dennis, can you please tell me where the alarm is situated

Customer Question

Hi I'm Dennis, can you please tell me where the alarm is situated on a Mercedes A140 classic 2003.. there is a label on the side window to say it has a Mercedes alarm fitted, can you tell me the shape of it as i have looked for it between the wipers next to the air filter under the bottom of the front window.There is only a round device which has a small connector going to it, bolted on to the end of an extending bar . The Mercedes dealers told me to look in this area.
hope you can help me in this matter, thank you
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Hello Dennis,
the part you found is the alarm siren with rechargable battery.
The main alarm control unit is in the overhead lamp panel.
Usually the battery in the siren fails over time, causing it to come on by itself.

best regards,
Stan