Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have a Mercedes sprinter van Y62ROR which lately will not

I have a Mercedes sprinter van Y62ROR which lately will not select reverse gear. I believe the adjustment has slipped because to get into the 1st and 2nd gear plane I have to lift the reverse collar on the lever and move the gear lever half way across to the reverse plane in order to be able to push the lever up to 1st gear. However when I move the lever further to the left for the reverse plane it will not allow me to move the lever into reverse. It appears blocked. Is there an adjustment? And how do I do it?

DID YOU UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION? SOME RESPONSE WOULD BE GOOD!

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Shantal, well, it's good to hear from someone at just answer! Yes, now you have made contact, I will wait a few more days. I thought initially that I had wasted my money when I heard nothing.

My Mercedes Sprinter is a very common van, so it can't be that difficult.

Kind regards,

Charles.

Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Hello Charles,In the attachement you can find the cable shift adjustment procedure. You are right about making sure that cables are adjusted properly. Possibly cable the locks are broken.Regards,Stan
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if i can help more on this issue
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

MANY THANKS STAN.