MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

My clk covertable will not come down from key w209/2007 modle

My clk covertable will not come down from key w209/2007 modle works fine from in side I'm in wheel chair and don't want roof to jam on me help me please thanks, tony
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tony - the convenience opening procedure for the roof & windows works on an Infra Red signal from the key - if you look at the drivers door handle you should see a black square, this is the receiver. For the IR feature to work you need to aim the key directly at the receiver & press & hold the lock/unlock button on the key for it to work. Try this first to see if it now works.If it still does not work in this way then it is usually the IR receiver at fault - try holding the key very close to the receiver & see if it works. When weak it will often work at very close range (not always).To be certain the car should be checked on STAR diagnostic tool to see if it is showing a signal - if required the receiver (which comes as part of the lock barrel) will need to be replaced.A bad key can also cause problems - if you have one try the 2nd key. Best regards, Paul