Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Boot and central locking

Customer Question

I have a 4 year m class and the central locking does not work only now and again. Tonight the boot got stuck and would not close. I had to force it down would not work from key or car. Now the car will not lock because the alarm goes of. About 4 months ago Mercedes fitted a new boot lock because it happened exactly the same now happening again. What do you think it could be. Batteries have been replaced in remotes. Red light comes on when I press the remote. Seems to me that it's more that just the boot. Seems to me there is a fault somewhere on the locking system?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
If electronics do not see that all doors are closed- central locking will not work. If there is a problem with the tailgate, possibly the wiring harness which connects it to the rest of the body has damaged wires in it. This would cause intermittent central locking and tailgate operation problems.

Best Regards,
Stan