Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Put new Maf sensor in Vito bosh after having new injectors

Customer Question

Put new Maf sensor in Vito bosh after having new injectors fitted it keep coming up with fault code p01 101 checked wireing because it said open circuit put another Maf in just in case first one faulty still the same after clearing p01 101
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still waiting for answer thanks
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
eHello,
The P0101 code is a generic faulte code, which is read out with universal scantools.
If the codes are read out with Star Diagnosis or other scanners with MB specific database- fault cause will be more clear.
After replacing the MAF sensor, the recalibration in the engine control unit must be done. It might be that the fault code comes up due to uncalibrated new MAF sensors. this calibration is required even when the air filter is replaced
I suggest to have the fault codes checked with Star Diagnosis computer and calibration carried out first of all. Some independent MB shops have this tool besides authorised dealers. Then it will be clear if there is any problem actually present.

Best regards,
Stan