Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Mechanic, I have just bought a c class 180 k sport on an

Customer Question

Hi, mechanic, I have just bought a c class 180 k sport on an 06 plate. I have a phone cradle for an apple 4 under the arm rest, when my phone is fitted into the cradle nothing happens, what am I doing wrong or what do I need to do? Please help. Teddley.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Teddley,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Hello Teddley,
The question is not simple at all. Iphones 4G have problems connecting to MB original phone systems. Usually you need to pair the phone via bluetooth for the first time. The cradle is the bluetooth device which needs to be paired to the phone and otherwise just charges the phone.
The pairing procedure differs somewhat due to different cradles and phone generations.
I will do my best to assist you further if needed, but we need to find out what exactly is installed on your car.

Check the links below to let me know with wihch cradle we are dealing with:

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/Mercedes-iPhone-3G-3GS-Phone-cradle.html

http://www.mercupgrades.com/Choosing+Bluetooth+Cradle+for+European+Mercedes+Vehicles-article-41.html

Or you can send me a picture of installed cradle to help you further.

Best Regards,
Stan