Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Constant heat coming in cab of cclass 180 even when turned

Customer Question

constant heat coming in cab of cclass 180 even when turned to cold
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help..
Can you first tell me - do you have manual or auto controls in your C class?
Rgds, MIKE..................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike. ihave manual cclass180. regards tej

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again - thank you for your reply..I did get that info yes - that you have the MB C180.. ..Apologies for the misunderstanding.That being the case, the usual cause of what you have is either, the knob - at the back of it, has physically broken so not driving the cable.. Or - the cable itself has twisted / kinked - so that when the knob is turned, all its doing is kinking the cable and not operating the heater unit.. or, the cable has come disconnected.. this can happen at the knob but usually its at the heater unit down under the dash. Another thing that happens is the unit itself - where the cable operates the heater control can jam - or break.So these are things that need inspecting - its easier to check everything else before the issue at the back of the knob so I would suggest checking at the heater first where the cable attaches .. and go from there as above. Most likely you are going to find the fault quickly that way and then be able to effect a fix.IF you dont find any issues with the cable or where it attaches at the heater unit itself- then the control panel - is the likely fault - that will have to be removed and checked. Check first for loose wires / bad connections to the back of the panel.. if all is ok and you don't see any faults.. you are then left with two possibilities... either, the panel is faulty and will need replacing - or, there are in the heating system, something called " DUO VALVES" that control heat output etc. I would suggest to check all else first before those valves. I don't know your expertise but if it comes to that - you may need garage help with that ... Any small type garage can do that for you reasonably cheaply..So work through the above Tej - one way or the other should sort this for you.--- Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..-~~~ Meantime ----- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok ratings" for me at this time.. - Thank you in advance for that -... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating should you need more at all - it doesn't close you out --Best Rgds, MIKE.