Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a mercedes E220 cdi.the last 6 months i had to

Customer Question

hello i have a mercedes E220 cdi.the last 6 months i had to replace the fan belt every month .my mechanic has changed 2 pulleys one for power steering and the tension-er pulley and still fan belt slips off as today was the 7th time.any clues what else shall i change please as getting fed up.i don't want to lose the car as recently i reconditioned the gear box. there is no obvious leak from oil from the turbo or fuel as he replaced some fuel pipes. Today he told me was soaked with diesel the fan belt and slipped straight away but he cant identify from where is the leak.haven't heard or seen this before in those cars. i would appreciate if you can help.

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have heard nothing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have heard nothing and still my problem is on going.i would appreciate to have an answer to help me resolve this matter.if you cant please refund my 15 pounds.