Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

How do i remove the near side door panel of an A class 2007

how do i remove the near side door panel of an A class 2007 merc
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
To walk you through this..
First you need to open the window and start by removing the inside mirror triangular black plastic trim by sliding upwards and then it just un clips from the frame.
Now unclip the trim at the bottom of the grab handle on the door card .. then remove the screws underneath this trim.
Now remove the plastic clip at the edge of the door card -just above where the door lock sits - you need to slide a small blade or suitable tool between the clip & door card to release a tag on the clip then it will come away -
The door panel can then be prised away from the door from the securing clips around the inside of the door card. Get a firm grip of the panel edges and "yank" it off... There are proper tools for this - a plastic / metal type tool etc -but thats the DIY way. It can be quite tough to get off - but you will do it that way.
The clips often break - you can get new ones from the local dealer / car parts shop cheap though.
Pull the door card upwards out of the top window channel, remove the electrical connectors to the switch & lamp - as / if fitted). Undo the cable to the inner door handle and pull away.
Refit the panel in reverse order - align the panel with the door clips to the holes in the door - and with the ball of your hand - slap the panel hard to press them in / affix the panel.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.