Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

C220 cdi auto diesel Engine will not start when hot ( could

Customer Question

C220 cdi auto diesel Engine will not start when hot ( could be on a tilt ) the fuel gauge fails to indicate but engine fails to turn. After some time between 3 and 10 minutes the starts perfectly normal. I have had a new starter motor fitted and a new starter solenoid/relay and also replaced the batteries in the key. The main battery has been checked and is OK. I am reluctant to pay out any more cash until I am sure that I have the right answer.

I found this on U tube but it is American I think

https://youtu.be/MyBE5BKk1O0

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As you indicated that you were unable to answer my question I have decided to take my car to a MB specialist. I would like you to close the Question. I assume that there will be no charge. VaughanXXX