Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a Mercedes c180 estate 2003 Is it possible to adjust

I have a Mercedes c180 estate 2003
Is it possible to adjust the aerial so that it is at an angle so that I can accomadate a roof box which would otherwise brush against it
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..Im afraid these antennas are quite brittle.... but I do know people who have bent them to an angle to do just as you are wishing to sucesfully - its a case of being really careful - and - a tip is to warm it first ...best to use a hair dryer -get it really quite warm to hot.. then bend it.. I have to say I can take no responsibility should it break...as I said above, they are brittle -- but - the alternative is to replace it with an aftermarket type...so either way, even if it did break - if you need to do as you wish, it wouldn't matter if you understand me...ie, its worth a try to gently bend it..
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
The alternative as I mentioned, is to replace it - with the likes of a stubby rubber type - one of which is HERE .. just to give the idea - you can of course get them from other places.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.-- Best Rgds, MIKE.