Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Mercedes ml280cdi 4matic year 2005 problem the vehicle wont

Customer Question

Mercedes ml280cdi 4matic year 2005 problem the vehicle wont start because the instrument cluster no longer transmite over the engine CAN DATABUS [statusCANbus off
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is***** happy to help / advise - If you have CAN bus faults for whatever reason and the dash cluster is not working, then it will not start because if anything - apart from any other faults, the cluster cannot be read by the modules on the vehilce and the immobiliser will not communicate - as its part of the cluster.So- the way forward with this is to have the vehicle fault code read if you haven't done done already..and then progress with what fault codes you get / retrieve..If you have code read it and If its known that you have a CAN fault - you need to physically go through the CAN wiring to find the fault... its usually a break in the wiring inside the vehicle to be honest or with the cluster itself - but that does take physical fault tracing / finding now - Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.-- Best Rgds, MIKE.