Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Mercedes sprinter van can not "see" the key.

Hi, My mercedes sprinter van can not "see" the key. |I changed the battery but it is the same. I paid yesterday £41 for a diagnostic. They told me that the battery is the problem. I changed it and it is the same.

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Can you tell me the VIN of your Sprinter? I need to know if your van has fully electronic ignition switch and the key.regards,Stan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is from 2009 and has fully electronic ignition. Thanks. Daniel

Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
Hello Daniel,Such key will not be seen if the main vehicle battery is discharged.If the battery is charged , but problem persists- next step is to try using a spare key. The battery in the key is used only for central locking. If 2 keys do not work- usually the ignition switch itself is faulty. It can only be ordered from authorized dealers, since it is a theft-relevant part. They will have to get the diagnostic printouts from ignition key to determine which parts will have to be ordered.Best regards,Stan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. You are right: the ignition was faulty. I sorted out. Thanks again.