Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Parked my car up last Friday evening, went to start it yesterday

Parked my car up last Friday evening, went to start it yesterday and nothing! Tried to charge it last night but doesn't seem to have done anything. Model is 2005 SLK 200 Kompressor. If I buy a new battery, is it easy to fit?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
It should take about half an hour to replace the battery if you have the basic tools.

Click here for the instructions

I suggest to try starting the car with the battery charger connected. If the ignition does not come on- try a spare key. Possibly the key or ignition switch has failed.

Best Regards,
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer