Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Put 2 gallons of petrol in my e320cdi 2003 it was on empty

Customer Question

Hi put 2 gallons of petrol in my e320cdi 2003 it was on empty so I filled the rest of the tank with diesel it ran rough for a while now it is ok apart from won't kick down or rev past 3000 rpm . Iv put 2 bottles of filter cleaner through it after running all contaminated fuel out till it stopped and changed fuel filter but still won't kick down
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
There is a chance that fuel rail pressure regulator or injectors got damaged. Engine is in emergency running mode now.
I suggest to have the fault codes checked and deleted first of all. Electronics have detected that some sensor or actuator is not working correctly.

Best regards,
Stan