Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

270 E classic part turn on ignition - no malfunction - turn

Customer Question

270 E classic part turn on ignition - no malfunction - turn full on - shows a red battery warning - intermittent - take to workshop - battery getting 14V from alternator
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
Sorry that its taken so long for one of us to answer .
Have the workshop check for malfunction codes , as this system also runs thought the ECM .
Also have the battery tested seen one cell fail and cause the battery light to come on so don't mark out the possibility of a bad battery .
In some cases the wire from the Alternator to the ECM is known to fail .
Also if you can not get code checked and the small battery , the sbc/auxiliary battery, if this is still the original replace this first and check all the wiring harness for possible damage .
sbc/auxillary battery
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Just checking in to see if you still need assistance with this issue . Kind regards Greg