Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I've just arrived home after 2 weeks and my key fob on sl350 won't open car.

Customer Question

Hi I've just arrived home after 2 weeks and my key fob on sl350 won't open car. I have tried both fobs and the red light comes on the fob but nothing happens with the car. I can't get into it!! Can you advise? Thanks
Barbara
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Hello Barbara,
Just saw your question.
It seems that the battery went flat. Now the central locking is not operating. The key has a metal blade insert you can use to open the doors mechanically. Then it will be possible to use the key for starting the vehicle. SL has a separate battery for starting the engine, which still can be sufficiently charged. Once engine is started, i recommend to charge the main battery in the boot for few days.
Best Regards,
Stan