Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I am having problems wtk my Mercedes SLK 1010 model,

Customer Question

Dear Sir, I am having problems wtk my Mercedes SLK 1010 model, during the last three months it has intermittently not accelerated when the accelerator has been floored, this has happened on 3 separate occasions. I I have taken it back to the dealers on two occasions and they now have washed their hands of the matter even though the vehicle has a Mercedes warranty. I wonder if you can help? Yours sincerely, ***** *****
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Lance,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Shantal,

I would like a reply as soon as it is possible.

Yours sincerely,

Lance

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello Lance

1st simple thing to try is cleaning out the throttle body as they can stick if clogged up with carbon and fuel deposits

if thats OK then check over the throttle wiring for any damage and corroded connections

you can also do a check by removing the inlet pipe so you can see the throttle and then switch on the ignition and have your assistant slowly push down on the throttle

the throttle blade should move smoothly with no jerking or sudden movement

if there is any of the above then replace the throttle

and if thats OK then it could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.