Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

MY father has just hired a Mercedes A180. We have quickly learned

MY father has just hired a Mercedes A180. We have quickly learned via the manual that there are parking lights which appear to say on unless (hopefully) you can tell me how to turn them off. The manual only seems to talk about turning them on and we've tried many variations of nobs and key positions to try to turn them off with no luck.
Can you give me a step by step, utter imbecile's guide to turning off the parking lights when stationary please?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.

The light switch must be set to 0 position. If then the key is removed from ignition, but the lights are still on- there is an electrical problem. Then it is worth to disconnect the battery for few hours to reset the electronics.
If this does not help, i would need the VIN of your A-class to help with model-specific info.

Best Regards,
Stan