Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I own a 1997 Mercedes Sprinter Van. It is not compliant for

I own a 1997 Mercedes Sprinter Van. It is not compliant for London’s LEZ. What work would I need to complete on the van in order to make it compliant and how do I demonstrate this to the Low Emission Zone administrator?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will wait, thanks

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hellofor a vehicle of this age to pass then you'll need to fit a particulate filter in the exhaust ( a DPF)then the vehicle will need to be tested by an accredited firm to gain its LEZ certificate someone like this firm can helphttp://www.greenurban.co.uk/products.html be prepared for the engine power to reduce and the fuel consumption to increase as these things do not help efficency
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years