Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have a Mercedes e class saloon 07 plate the car boot won't

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes e class saloon 07 plate the car boot won't open from the button inside the car and also on both key fobs started going wrong a week ago please help its done 107,000 on the clock but in lovely nick
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
If the problem is only with the boot lid opening- then the keys are definitely fine.
In this case it is caused either by boot lid locking motor, rear SAM module which controls the motor or the wiring between them.
I suggest to disconnect the main battery for few minutes and see if this helps. If it does- problem is most likely in rear SAM electronics.
If not- i suggest to have the fault codes and boot lid actuation checked with Xentry diagnosis computer. Some independent MB workshops have this tool besides the dealers.
Best Regards,
Stan