Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Mercedes 170 cdi. 2002. The alarm/immobiliser has

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes 170 cdi. 2002. The alarm/immobiliser has developed a fault, I want to remove it and use the car without the alarm. The alarm is a retrofitted Siemens alarm, I think installed by Mecedes in the UK after importing. My question is, I have easily obtained access to th alarm control unit, but how do I remove this unit and reconnect the car? The unit unplugs, and there is a sensor to the ignition switch, and it must be simple to reconnect the car? But buggered if I can see how.
Regards,
Paul XXX
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Paul,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello do you have a part number or name from the siemens alarm? if you do then I'll try and track down a wiring diagram for it if there's no information then the work can still happen but I'd suggest the best route is to get a car security firm involved as they are well versed in doing this sort of thingI'd expect to pay for about 1.5 hours of labour to remove the old unit and return the wiring harness to normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is OK, I have booked it into a Mercedes garage. I have a wiring diagram but it does not really match what is on the car. Thank you for your help.