Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have a Mercedes 170 cdi, 2002. The alarm is faulty, I want

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes 170 cdi, 2002. The alarm is faulty, I want to remove it. The alarm/immobiliser is made by Siemens, I think installed in the UK after import. I have located the alarm, there is a plug into the car electrics, and a feed to the ignition key sensor. My question is, how do I remove the alarm control unit and reconnect the car? It should be simple but buggered if I can work it out.
Regards,
Paul Albright
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
Hello Paul,
There are many different aftermarket alarms, which can interrupt several electric chains in the car. But the basic principle is that all of the wires from the alarm module must be traced to see if they interrupt original wires. When the aftermarket wires are removed- the original wires must be connected and soldered together if they were cut and passed through the alarm internal or external relays.
Some of the aftermarket wires are connected without interruption of the original wires to pick up signals or voltage supplies from the vehicle. These additional wires can be cut off and taped up.
Best Regards,
Stan.