Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Why does my 2003 (53 plate) Mercedes ML 270 CDI dash board

Customer Question

Hi, why does my 2003 (53 plate) Mercedes ML 270 CDI dash board lights flash on and off after about 10 seconds from taking my ignition key out and then triggers the alarm?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
the symptoms you describe do not seem to be caused by factory alarm. So if there is an addtional aftermarket alarm or immobilizer system on your ML- it must be disconnected first of all.

Otherwise, such illogical behavoir of electronic can be due to failure of Extended Activity Module (EAM). It can be diagnosed and replaced with the aid of Star Diagnosis computer.
Some independent MB shops have this tool besides the dealers.

Best Regards,
Stan