Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

My Mercedes c class 1994 abs don't work. The light was going

My Mercedes c class 1994 abs don't work. The light was going on and off, but now it is off all the time and the mileage does not register or the speedo. Can you help please ?, and can you tell me if there is anyone who can repair this problem in the Doncaster [ South Yorkshire ] area ?. I have been to the main dealer and their equipment is too modern to find the fault.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** problem will most likely be either a faulty wheel speed sensor or a faulty ABS control unit. The front wheel speed sensors will need to be checked first. If the sensors are good I would suspect a faulty ABS control unit. Before replacing the control unit the fuses for the system will need to be checked. The instrument cluster might also be at fault but since you were having ABS problems before the speedometer stopped working I suspect that the cluster will be ok. I am in the US but if you search for a Bosch Car Service Center in your area that works on Mercedes they should be able to help you with this problem.