Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

There is a noise like subdued rotor blades spinning when I

Customer Question

There is a noise like subdued rotor blades spinning when I start up the car. It goes off after a while but comes back on intermittently. Can you tell me what is wrong with the car please. It has just passed its full MOT test. My car is a C180 coupe 2008 model, has 52000+ miles on the clock, automatic. Many thanks, *****
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ms Ranji Anthony,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ranji,
From your description, it seems that the engine fan is rubbing against some loose plastic, or something got in contact with the blades. I suggest to show the car to a local car mechanic when the sound is present. If the fan blades will be in contact with any part, the blades will get damaged.
Most likely, the repair will be a simple re-installation of loose plastic fan shroud or removal of foreign object (leaves or branch) from the shroud.
Best regards,
Stan