Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Got a mercedes C Class 200 engine 2.2 car runs great, reading

Customer Question

got a mercedes C Class 200 engine 2.2 car runs great, reading no faults, I park up then go back to car it will not start, leave it for about a hour and its starts, its automatic. every thing works its not the battery. turn the key and it will not start+-
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am waiting for a reply about my Mercedes c class 200
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still waiting my reply to my first question I sent 30/10/2015
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Hello,Please try to crank the engine when gear selector is in N and P. Possibly the gear selector is failing and not showing correctly that P is engaged. This would cause the starter lock-out. Best Regards,Stan