Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a mercedes s class 2005 w220 s350 (not 4matic0).I

Customer Question

hi i have a mercedes s class 2005 w220 s350 (not 4matic0).I need to replace the airmatic front shock/air spring due to nct fail on front shock imbalance. Removing and replacing the shock is easy for me ,what i would like to know is do i have to disconnect the battery?
or can i remove the fuse for the air compressor? and if so do i have to reset anything on diagnostics?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait on this question. You can simply remove the air compressor fuse when replacing the front suspension strut. If there are no fault codes currently stored in the Airmatic system you will not need to reset anything. If there are fault codes stored you may need to have the codes erased before the suspension will function properly.Let me know if you have any questions.Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?