Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Mercedes 350 slk 2005 type 171 auto ch.1714561F019537 Mtr G272963

Customer Question

When driving on motorway at 120,140kph ,warning symble ESP not resonding appears,
vehicle goes to tick over only,no throttle response,switch ignition off/on and all ok,then
keeps happening.Drive all day at 80kph no problem. Mercedes have fault code which has
options to repair,change air mass meter done and no good,change butterfly expensive but
are going to try off other vehicle first,awaiting response.Also changed throttle pedal and sensor and plug(as l fitted a sprint booster).nogood. I am a mechanic and feel the problem
is speed related and constant as cannot replicate on dual carriageway etc. I also have to
tell you l had the computer remapped for BHP and NM gains,they will take no responsibility as they say the Sprint booster was the problem and l could have damaged
wiring plugs, which Mercedes have now changed.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
I suggest to disconnect the sprint booster first of all and check if problem re-occurs without it. It is possible that the ECU detects incorrect throttle opening angle in specific conditions and switches engine to limp mode. MB ecu has a very extencive self-check functions for accelerator and the throttle valve, so if something mismatches- it cut off the accelerator alltogether. Loose pins in the accelerator can also cause this problem. ESP also limits the throttle valve openining when it intervenes.
If there is an ECU remap in addition- i suggest to revert to stock software as well.
There might be a conflict between the performance program and the fault code setting conditions. For example: remap orders the ECU to open the throttle to 100%, while a throttle-related fault code can be set at 95% of throttle opening.
Best Regards,
Stan